By Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne
Exam Board: AQA
First educating: September 2015
First examination: June 2016
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and figuring out in their AQA breadth examine via professional narrative, innovative talents improvement and bespoke essays from best historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' realizing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the foremost ideas of swap, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they enhance during the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by means of offering transparent advice and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in background via prolonged examining possibilities together with specifically commissioned essays from practicing historians on proper debates
- Cements figuring out of the vast concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the foremost questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Democracy, Empire and conflict: Britain 1851-1964
This identify explores political and social reform 1851-1914, the influence of either global Wars, the production of the Welfare nation and the transformational social alterations of the Fifties and Sixties. It considers breadth problems with swap, continuity, reason and end result during this interval via studying key questions about subject matters reminiscent of democracy, ideology, economic climate, society, Britain's' place on the planet and the effect of key individuals.
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) PDF
Best uk history books
In 1888, Whitechapel - on the center of the internal East finish - was once the main (in)famous position within the state, largely imagined as a website of the blackest and private horror. Its streets and alleys have been noticeable as violent and unsafe, overflowing with poverty and depravity. This booklet goals to discover the truth of East finish lifestyles.
Among 1918 and 1986 the marine department of the Royal Air strength supplied rescue amenities, aid and different prone to this armed provider. In its pre-1941 guise because the Air Sea Rescue carrier, the RAF had a list of over two hundred motorboats, supported by way of go with the flow airplane engaged in rescue, towing, refueling and servicing RAF plane.
The Witchcraft Sourcebook, now in its moment variation, is an interesting selection of files that illustrates the advance of principles approximately witchcraft from precedent days to the eighteenth century. some of the resources come from the interval among 1400 and 1750, whilst greater than 100,000 humans - such a lot of them girls - have been prosecuted for witchcraft in Europe and colonial the US.
The British crusade in Norway in 1940 was once an ignominious and abject failure. it truly is might be top often called the fiasco which at once ended in the autumn of leading Minister Neville Chamberlain and his alternative by way of Winston Churchill. yet what have been the explanations for failure? Why did the choice makers, together with Churchill, make such terrible judgements and workout such undesirable judgement?
- Oxford: Son of Queen Elizabeth I
- Queen without a Country
- History of the Great Influenza Pandemics, A: Death, Panic and Hysteria, 1830-1920 (International Library of Cultural Studies)
- Dundee Trams & Buses
Extra info for AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History)
AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) by Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne