By Alan Farmer
Endorsed for Edexcel.
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and review standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and assistance for every suitable specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for numerous classes including:
Edexcel: The British event of battle c.1790-1918
Read or Download Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition PDF
Similar uk history books
In 1888, Whitechapel - on the middle of the interior East finish - was once the main (in)famous position within the kingdom, generally imagined as a website of the blackest and inner most horror. Its streets and alleys have been visible as violent and hazardous, overflowing with poverty and depravity. This booklet goals to discover the truth of East finish lifestyles.
Among 1918 and 1986 the marine department of the Royal Air strength supplied rescue amenities, aid and different companies to this armed provider. In its pre-1941 guise because the Air Sea Rescue provider, the RAF had a listing of over two hundred motorboats, supported by means of go with the flow plane engaged in rescue, towing, refueling and servicing RAF airplane.
The Witchcraft Sourcebook, now in its moment variation, is an engaging number of files that illustrates the advance of principles approximately witchcraft from precedent days to the eighteenth century. a number of the resources come from the interval among 1400 and 1750, whilst greater than 100,000 humans - such a lot of them ladies - have been prosecuted for witchcraft in Europe and colonial the USA.
The British crusade in Norway in 1940 was once an ignominious and abject failure. it's possibly most sensible often called the fiasco which at once resulted in the autumn of best Minister Neville Chamberlain and his alternative through Winston Churchill. yet what have been the explanations for failure? Why did the choice makers, together with Churchill, make such negative judgements and workout such undesirable judgement?
- Empire and Globalisation: Networks of People, Goods and Capital in the British World, c.1850-1914
- British Armour in the Normandy Campaign (Military History and Policy)
- Red Ellen' Wilkinson: Her Ideas, Movements and World
- The Stuart Age: England, 1603-1714
- VALOR WITH HONOR: ADVENT OF A SCOTTISH LEGEND
- Imperial Expectations and Realities: El Dorados, Utopias and Dystopias (Studies in Imperialism MUP)
Additional resources for Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition
Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition by Alan Farmer